Model: LG GWA-4161B
Operating System: Windows 98 (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
This update program requires either a blank floppy diskette or a blank recordable CD (CD-R).
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
5. Close all applications and remove any discs from the system optical drives (CD or DVD).
6. Double-click the icon for the update file downloaded in step 1, and then click NEXT.
7. Accept the terms in the HP License Agreement, and then click NEXT.
8. Go to the next step for the type of media you are using, either a blank floppy diskette or a blank recordable CD (CD-R).
To install the update using a blank floppy diskette:
9. Select Floppy Diskette in the "HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4161B...." window, and then click OK.
10. Insert the blank floppy diskette and click OK in the "HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4161B...." window.
11. Wait a few minutes for the program to create the Firmware Update diskette.
12. Leave the floppy diskette in the floppy drive and click OK to restart the system.
13. Follow on-screen instructions.
Note: Be sure to read the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions will damage the drive.
14. After the update is complete, remove the floppy diskette from the floppy drive and restart the system.
To install the update using a blank recordable CD (CD-R):
9. Select CD Disc in the "HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4161B...." window, and then click OK.
10. Click OK in the "HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4161B...." window.
11. To continue with the remaining update steps, refer to the appropriate instructions for the CD recording software you are going to use.