Operating System: Windows XP (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
Installation of the VeloCD USB 2.0 external drive in Windows XP:
1: Please ensure that the VeloCD USB 2.0 drive is setup properly:
* Connect the power to the VeloCD USB 2.0 drive
* Turn the VeloCD drive ON
* Connect the USB connector from the rear of the VeloCD drive to an available USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 port on the computer
* The USB port must be active, (If the USB port is on the motherboard (on-board), you may need to activate the USB port in the BIOS).
* Ensure that the USB drivers have been updated from the motherboard manufacturer / adapter card manufacturers website prior to installing the VeloCD USB 2.0 drive.
2: To prepare for the installation of the VeloCD USB 2.0 External drive, please insert the TDK CD-Blender software disc into an existing CD-ROM drive
* Click on the Close button if the Registration screen appears
* Exit the CD-Blender software installation program
3: To utilize the VeloCD USB 2.0 drive, you must enter the Device Manager to install the hi-speed Universal Serial Bus (USB) drivers designed for the VeloCD drive
4: Right-click on My Computer
5: Select Properties
6: Left-click on the Hardware tab
7: Left-click on the Device Manager button
8: A series of device entries should appear. Click on the plus sign next to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers entry
9: Double-click on the USB Mass Storage Device entry
10: In the Device Properties, click on the Driver tab
11: Note the driver version. If the driver version is not 5.1.2600.0 or later, please visit the Microsoft Windows XP Update website to download the most current USB device drivers
12: Once the updated USB drivers have been installed, close the Device Manager and all open programs then restart the computer
The VeloCD drive should appear by double-clicking the My Computer icon. Ensure that the VeloCD drive is functioning properly by inserting the CD-Blender disk into the drive. The VeloCD drive should spin-up the disk and display the VeloCD registration notice.
13: After registering, the CD-Blender software can be installed