Operating System: Windows 95 (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
If you do not have a problem with your CD-ROM drive, do not upgrade your firmware. From 32-speed and onward, BenQ/Acer/VUEGO CD-ROM drive are upgradeable through software.
1. Check the firmware version currently in your 32X CD-ROM drive using our Firmware Check Tool or:
Under Windows 95/98, go to Start+Settings and click on Control Panel
In the control panel click on the System icon
Under the "device manager" tab under CD-ROM double click on the ATAPI 32X Maximum CD-ROM Drive
Click on the Setting tab and you shall see the correct firmware version of your CD-ROM drive.
2. Determine which version from the download list you would like and save it to your local drive.
3. Choose "restart computer in MS-DOS Mode" in the Shutdown Menu or
4. Shut down the computer and restart it again using the Command Prompt in the Windows 95/98 Start Menu.
Note: You must be able to read the disc in your CD-ROM drive.
5. In the directory where you save the firmware, type the name of the executable file at the prompt. The rest of the process will be carried out automatically, and will finish in about a minute.